Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Welcome

"Makeup? Clothes? Those things are just a waste of time and money."
"People should like me for who I am. I shouldn't have to wear makeup and hide my face or my interests."
"Girls who wear makeup and always talk about clothes are vain and stupid. I'm going to be so much better than those people because I actually read books."

I have had these types of thoughts since I was a preteen. Only recently have I begun to realize that wearing makeup and caring about my appearance will not change who I am or cover up my true self - rather, it will help others see the beauty I have to offer more clearly. In this blog, I hope to outline and explain my feelings regarding the issue of beauty and the place it has in my life, as well as to share the joy that embracing beauty can bring to you. I'm still learning how to navigate through life, so my ideas and thoughts may not be correct; however, I can promise that I will always share my true thoughts and feelings with you. Together, I'd like to embark on a journey to open our minds and experience a beautiful world. Together, I will show you my transformation from an ugly duckling into a swan, from a cocoon into a butterfly, from a girl into a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment